Aboitiz Equity Ventures and JV Angeles Construction Corporation Sign RP’s Largest Private Bulk Water

Apo Agua Infrastructura Inc. (APO Agua), a joint venture company between Aboitiz  Equity Ventures (AEV) and J.V. Angeles Construction Corporation (JVACC), has entered into a Php 10 billion bulk water supply agreement with the Davao City Water District (“DCWD”).

The agreement involves the construction of the country’s largest private bulk water supply facility to date together with a fully renewable  energy powered water treatment plant.   APO Agua will supply  up to 300  million liters per day (MLD) of potable bulk water from the Tamugan River to DCWD, which  will benefit the more than 1 million people  of Davao City.

JVACC will be the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor for the entire project.  The company brings with it over 48 years of experience in the construction and development of water-related infrastructure in the Philippines.

“We are excited to be able to provide Davao City with this innovative bulk water supply solution ”, said JV Angeles,  JVACC Chairman and President .

For Aboitiz Equity Ventures, this landmark project is part of its thrust to expand into infrastructure development in addition to its core businesses of power, banking, land and food.

“We have long been partners in Davao’s economy  through Davao Light and our other businesses ;  and through our investment in APO Agua, we will ensure that Davao city has the necessary bulk water infrastructure for it to continue with its impressive economic growth story”, explained  Erramon Aboitiz, AEV President and CEO.

APO-Agua has a 70-30 ownership structure, with AEV owning 70% of the company, and JVACC the remaining 30%.

Other News

PSAC, Millenium meeting bolsters US-Philippines economic ties

Private Sector Advisory Council (PSAC) strategic convenor Sabin M. Aboitiz and PSAC leads engage in discussions with Millennium Challenge Corporation CEO Alice Albright, reinforcing economic collaboration between the US and the Philippines  A significant gathering took place recently, underscoring the shared commitment to enhancing economic ties...

Largest bulk water project in the country to address Davao’s growing water needs

In photo (from left): Special Assistant to the President Anton Lagdameo, Jr.; Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Secretary Maria Antonia Yulo-Loyzaga; President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr.; Aboitiz Group President and CEO Sabin M. Aboitiz; and Davao City Water District (DCWD) Chairman Eduardo A....