Collection and Use of Your Personal Data
In the ordinary course of the Company’s business, we may collect personal data such as but not limited to:
Full name, email address, current address, mobile number, birth date, payroll information, dependent details
Sensitive Personal Information
Marital status, gender, nationality, educational background, work history, relevant government-issued identification numbers, medical records and history, financial information, marriage certificate, death certificate (for dependents)
Your personal data may be used, stored, processed, shared and disclosed by AEV to its stakeholders, and other third parties as may be necessary and allowed by law for any of the following purposes:
1. Payroll and benefits administration;
2. Strategic human resources planning and work assignment management;
3. Performance review, talent development, and employee engagement;
4. Company communications;
5. Compliance with law and regulations or legal obligation;
6. Monitoring compliance with Company policies and regulations;
7. Protection of your vital interests and other legitimate business purposes;
8. Complying with and responding to legal processes or lawful orders of any judicial or quasi-judicial bodies such as but not limited to National Privacy Commission (NPC);
9. Reporting of incidents and violations of policies and standards of the Aboitiz Group.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
We may share with or disclose your Personal Data to:
1. Any of our affiliate or subsidiary* only for the purposes stated upon collection of your personal data;
2. Any agent, contractor, or sub-contractor performing services related to stockholders services;
3. Any consultant, adviser, auditor, or service provider we engaged to carry out functions or activities related to our legitimate business activities;
4. Any person to whom we propose to assign or transfer any of its rights and/or duties;
5. Any court of law or administrative agency of the government pursuant to a lawful order issued in relation to a pending case or proceeding before such court or agency;
6. Our lenders or creditors, underwriters, as well as the consultant, adviser or, auditor of the foregoing;
7. Your lawyer, attorney-in-fact, or duly authorized agent or representative, upon presentation of a duly executed special power of attorney;
8. Any regulatory, quasi-judicial or judicial authority, or as otherwise considered necessary or appropriate for our legitimate business purposes.
Any access to your personal data will be limited to the person who requires your Personal Data to perform the functions for which personal information has been collected, and as required or allowed by law. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties. If shared, we will, at your request, provide you with details of the companies with whom we have shared your personal data.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
When you visit our websites or use any of our mobile applications, other information that may also constitute personal data, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, number of times and dates you visited the website or accessed the mobile application, and the amount of time you spent browsing through the website or mobile application, may be collected via cookies and other tracking technologies, such as transparent GIF files. Aggregate Information, or non-personally identifiable and anonymous data, such as how many times you log onto our websites or mobile applications may also be collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow websites to recognize your computer when you return, enabling it to display personalized settings and other user preferences. It also allows websites to respond to you as an individual. The websites and apps can tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes after which, the data is removed from the system.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is kept secure. We have implemented suitable and adequate organizational, physical and technical security measures, policies and procedures intended to reduce the risks of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information which are appropriate and adequate to the nature of the Personal Data we collect. These security measures include:
1. Regular privacy and security awareness training and exercises are conducted across all Aboitiz employees
2. Confidentiality agreements with employees, vendors, stakeholders, and third parties who may have access to your personal information;
3. Data is stored in a secure location that is protected by strong passwords and encryption. Access to the data is limited and on a need basis only.
4. 24/7 dedicated incident response team for managing security threats and proactively monitoring suspicious activities and newly discovered security vulnerabilities
5. A regular vulnerability scanning and patching is done across all systems.
6. Automated monitoring of third party providers
7. Physical files containing personal data are stored in secured location with limited access
Storing Your Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned, and may generally continue within ten (10) years after the termination of your employment, except when as otherwise required or permitted under applicable laws, regulations or lawful orders of authorities, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
*Affiliates: UNIONBANK OF THE PHILIPPINES, ABOITIZ INFRACAPITAL, INC., ABOITIZ POWER CORPORATION, ABOITIZ LAND, INC., ABOITIZ CONSTRUCTION INC., ADVANCED DATA INNOVATION, INC., BANGKO KABAYAN, INC. (A PRIVATE DEVELOPMENT BANK), CITY SAVINGS BANK, INC., FILAGRI, INC., FIRST AGRO-INDUSTRIAL RURAL BANK, INC., PETNET, INC.., PILMICO FOODS CORPORATION, PILMICO ANIMAL NUTRITION CORPORATION, UNIONDIGITAL BANK INC.