The Aboitiz Group triumphed at the Public Relations Society of the Philippines’ (PRSP’s) prestigious Anvil Awards held this year at Shangri-La at The Fort last March 23 with two gold and five silver awards.
Two gold Anvils were awarded to Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV) and Aboitiz food business unit Pilmico (in partnership with Max’s Corner Bakery and Ogilvy Public Relations) for AGORA (Aboitiz Group Online Resources Application, the Aboitiz Group’s new groupwide Intranet portal designed to be the nerve center of corporate and business information in a single, easy-to-access platform) and Tinapay Natin Pinoy Bread Baking Competition (a nationwide baking contest that celebrates local bread creations and strengthens pride of local produce), respectively.
Five silver Anvils were also awarded for:
· AEV’s Aboitiz Groupwide Simultaneous Tree-Planting (which targets to plant nine million trees by 2020 as one of the company’s key initiatives under its sustainability framework’s Carbon Emission Reduction focus area)
· AEV’s Aboitiz No Impact Challenge (the Aboitiz Group’s version of the global and environmental No Impact initiative)
· UnionBank’s Sustainability Report (a report containing disclosures regarding approaches taken to managing the economic, environmental, and social aspects of the bank’s 2016 performance, relevant data sets to show this, and highlights on key milestones and achievements)
· UnionBank’s Selfie Banking (a state-of-the-art facial recognition sign-in technology)
· WeatherPhilippines’ Building A #WeatherWiser Nation (a campaign focused on showcasing the foundation’s strategy in the implementation of its #WeatherWiser Nation campaign)
These awards manifest the Aboitiz Group’s strategic pillar of Execution Excellence and reflect its core values of teamwork and innovation.
“To be recognized by no less than the ‘Oscars of the Communication Industry’ is undoubtedly a tremendous honor—an honor that further serves to inspire us to drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities,” said Erramon I. Aboitiz, AEV President and Chief Executive Officer.